What My Phone's Notch Taught Me About Three Important Life's Lessons

My almost two-year smart phone received a major blow when I accidentally dropped it one time and thumped into a sharp-edged gravel. The LCD got a deep notch on the upper right side of my only access to the world. Wow.

It has actually been my buddy since I left home; I have used and maximized its features to the gilt-edged level. And what's more, it's the only source of my communication with the people I love. I hate it that I am too clumsy that even if I wanted to be more careful, the more clumsy I become. Butterfingered. Gawkish. Helpless. I really hate this side of me. It really took me awhile to get used of that deep, scabrous, scar whenever I browse on the usual sites I checked on. O.C., it is. Ugh.

Funny how God spoke to me that night after that awful accident. Three things.

1.) This reality created a so-called heart-check on me. 1John 2:15-17 says,
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
That night, He reminded me on how I created a lord in my heart. It was not good, it was not supposed to be. Praise God that I got my heart transformed and renewed.

2.) Seemed that my attitude was just to keep on noticing that nick on my phone over and over again, my focus was not on the function and use of it, but on the scar it bear. I somehow forgot how it has helped me before and just because of that tiny notch I disregardfully found it ugly. I suddenly became a person of the eye.

3.) That deep notch made me remember of my deepest scar. I do have too. It was not delightful to see and remember. It was painful. But it do taught me a lesson. That tiny notch taught me a lesson too. It was to become more careful as a good steward here on this world.


Despite my perverse behavior I am so glad that God did not give me up. And despite my doubts, despite my foreboding about my affairs in life, He has picked me up and borne me back again in great tenderness. 

As I see this in retrospect, I realized that for the one who is truly in God's care, no seeming disaster fall on the life without eventual good coming out of predicament.This is to see the goodness and faithfulness of my Lord in my life, which, even though I do not deserve them, it come relentlessly from the source -- His own great heart of love. 

Comments

Popular Posts