Skiing Is A Dance, And The Mountain Always Leads

I don't even know the person behind that utopian saying but he must be really on it when he said that. I myself experienced that as well. That line is as perfect as my skiing experience to date.

It was Friday and the temperature was just right to get ourselves up for some skiing. For a Filipina like  me who only experiences a tropical climate -- and that is, rainy and sunny; skiing is just one of those snow activities which I feel excited about. Mongolia do have beautiful and verdant mountains and valleys, perfect for the winter season for some activities like sledding, snow boarding and skiing. The school organizes this activity before hitting spring and I and my other Filipina friends, Berlie and Nelly joined the opportunity to strike the crisp of the remaining winter days. This was not the first time for us though, but every time we go to this place it's like we are little kids who are so excited to try out for some real adventures. 

It was handed over to us by the school to familiarize us
with common Mongolian terms and phrases. Cool.

So according to this, skiing is called tsanaar gulgakh in Mongolian

And my feet are ready for some action. Let's get it on.

 My skii board is oh so ready. Only it's in flipped position. Oops.

And here's the lift going to the beginner/intermediate lane
It took us like 15-20 mins to get us to the skiing area.

That look on my face when I first tried the lift

Ate Nelly
Meanwhile on the lift..

That's Ate Berlie. Say Cheese.

And that's us on Ate Belie's camera

And the fun part begins!

Ate Berlie and Ate Nelly

As you see it, the slope isn't that steep at all.
But your knees are really starting to shake once you're on. Trust me.

It wasn't easy at first.

And that's us with my veeeery awkward pose. Eew.


By the way, did you know that skiing was originally a form of transportation in the mountains of Europe long before it became a sport? Sounds interesting, eh.


How about in the Philippines? What do we do to rush down the slopes of Cordillera?

Well. We just use wooden bikes.

Photo courtesy of thegirlwhowantscurlyhair
Photo Courtesy of outoftownblog.com


--

Some pictures were taken by Berlie Lamique

Comments

Popular Posts