Globe-trotting Mongolia: The Sorta Country-side Experience

I am proud to be born in a place where stunning beaches are being flaunted in almost 7,107 islands of the country. When summer hits you can actually put a map on your wall, throw a dart, clad on your summer clothes and go straight to the place where your dart has landed. Yep, as easy as that. And the more I stick around on my friend's social media wall parading Philippine's beautiful, long stretches of white and/or black sands, clear, turquoise water, secluded sand bars and tropical backdrops, the more I miss my country. I wanna go back home. I wanna hit the beach too.

Landlocked between China and Russia, Mongolia obviously has no beach to offer. More to that, the extremity of  weather makes me feel like I am million miles away from home. At this point I should feel the vibe of summer with all the outfit and ambiance. But no, not all. It is April and the place is still covered with snow.

Taken outside the flat and the Office

Nevertheless, I still believe this country has a lot to offer. Something far more different from what my country has. Something heart-stirring, spine-tingling, breathtaking. And that's what I want to pursue, to push myself to continue on my little work-slash-ministry wayfaring.


And just as I thought, this country has enraptured me through its fascinating rock formations and country side horseback and camel riding.


Famous Turtle Rock at Gorkhi Terelj National Park
Terelj's Bridge

Wild, Wild Central Asia

Defiling the Place :))
Jep Meets the Mongolian Cowboys
Mongolia's Bahay Kubo known as Ger


Inside the Ger
The Agony of Riding a Camel

Jep's Pinoy Pose and Her Smiling Camel


Never have I imagine myself riding a horse, that Princess Lucy-like or Susan-like in The Chronicles of Narnia. I didn't even include this activity in my bucket listPraise Him that I am surrounded by adventuresome friends who are willing to ride on my vigor of exploring Mongolia.

The guides let us choose our horse and after doing so, they helped us ride atop and that's it. Thaaaaat's it. They didn't even tell us how to at least stop the horse! Good thing we have friends with us who're not first timers so they guide us how to do things. My horse started to walk. The fear creepily moved from my feet to my head. I can feel the tension in my legs, even in my arms. I wanted to scream but even before I panicked, a friend told me to hold on my disquietude for it will scare the horse. So okay, sarilinin ko nalang hanggang ma-stroke ako. 

I don't know how things go smoothly, but yeah, after crossing the frozen river, I can say that me and my horse are in tune -- finally. Woohoo.



Oh, and one thing I will never forget: You wanna stop your horse? Just pull both strings you're holding and say that ever-legendary chant, "Chooh! Chooh!" 




Ready to Cross the Frozen River on the Right

Buwis-buhay-pero-worth-it Shot from a Horse Ride

L-R: Jep, Moogii in Purple Jacket, Ate Tintin in Orange Scarf, Ate Nelly in Black Jacket, Ate Berlie in Lavender Jacket (Plus the Two Mongolian Guides)

It fell on a Sunday, for it’s the only available time for us to agree upon. We were not able to attend the service at the International Church but guess what? We brought the Church! We worshiped the Lord through guitar and songs, plunged deeper in His presence through Ate Nelly's sermon, "Experiencing God's Peace", had a great and interesting fellowship with them through food, picture-taking, laughters and chortles.

Encountering the Living God through Worship =)
(Thanks Ate Tin for this take)

L-R: Ate Berlie, Jep, Maita, Ate Nelly, Ate Tintin
L-R: Moogii, Ate Berlie, Jep, Ate Nelly, Ate Tintin, Maita

The Camp

This is definitely the ultimate adventure yet of my first-ever spring moira. I would also care to share the budget for this 1-day country side venture. We're all seven (excluding the driver) and we left the city at 830AM and arrived back in the city at about 7PM. It will take 1-hour and a half to go there. Probably a little boring eh? But I tell you, the view is so priceless you wanna keep your eyes on the road the whole 1.5-hr ride.


Budget List per head (in MNT):

Transportation (Car Rental + Driver):     14 300
Food (Good for 7-10 people):                  9 000
Horseback ride (1-hour ride + Guide):      9 000
Camel ride (Stationary):                          2 000
Ger (Tent + Unlimited potable hot water): 5 700

Total - 40,000 MNT  28.6 USD ≈ 1,150 Php               


--
** Some pictures were taken by Kuya Julius and Maita                      

Comments

Popular Posts