50 Things To Do/Must-Haves Before 40


Two years ago, I kept a record of the things I want to do or experience and/or things I should have before the time I reach 40. Initially I was inspired by the movie, The Bucket List (Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman) that I was moved to do a “Bucket List” of m own.  I know it sounds funny but I think that the cliché, Life Begins at Forty, contributes to my randomness too. Sooo, before I reach that so-called life, I need to fill up my pre-life existence to keep me going. Of course God will be my ultimate desire, and His will shall definitely be my final drive; but sometimes, He can extraordinarily and graciously provide what my heart desires, can’t He? =)

I checked on them once again, hoping that for 2 years I have somehow ticked and achieved one or two on the list. And I updated some of it too.





Note: This list is not in-order

  1. Work in WA or QLD as a Mining Engineer (OP or UG) Work anywhere as a Mining Engineer (I mean, I don’t care if it’s in Queensland or NZ or even Mongolia as long as I’m practicing my profession. Haha) >> and it’s what I’m doing right now, isn’t it? =P
  2. Whitewater Rafting
  3. Conduct a weekly BS at home with family and family friends >> we’re currently doing it with my sisters! Soo happy thank you Lord! Okay, one down!
  4. Own a beach-front vacation house
  5. Be a Food Photographer >> I’ve been doin’ this ever since I cook  imbentong dishes and maintaining a sorta Food Blog but still I am not a pro-level photographer so I guess this is partially done. (1.5 points so far)
  6. Improve FCBCC’s ventilation system (AC will do)
  7. A house that can float during flood :))
  8. A grand piano at home
  9. Experience Batanes’ Honesty Store
  10. Be a Wedding Planner for at least one of my sisters
  11. Have a sexy photo shoot with my husband as my personal Photographer (LOL)
  12. Siargao Surfing
  13. Earn X,XXX,XXX Au $ per year  This is too much. I’m fine with USD $ XXX, XXX net income =P
  14. Watch a Hillsong Concert
  15. Smile after hearing an earsplitting thunder
  16. Learn at least five languages >> to this point I’m fluent and I know a little of Filipino, English, Cantonese, Mongolian, Waray, Cebuano, Masbateño , so I think I got a point for this 
  17. Ride a roller coaster (HEHE ‘di pa ko naka-experience :D)
  18. Touch 500 souls and more
  19. Experience Palawan’s enchanting Underground River
  20. Run my own Spa business :D
  21. Go to EK at mag-feeling bata (Sorry naman, hindi pa ko nakapunta e haha)
  22. Great Wall
  23. Give an inspirational talk/message to graduating students
  24. Scuba Diving
  25. Drive my own car
  26. Reach Mt. Apo’s summit
  27. Disneyland with my whoooole family (By this time, mayaman na ko nito hahaha)
  28. Arrange a group date with my friends from different walks (sa wedding ko lang ata matutupad ito)
  29. Learn how to Bake >> I’ve tried this in HK and my first-ever baked brownies was so great that my housemate wanted to eat more in the midst of our “diet” mode HAHA
  30. Be a shareholder of a Family Business (with kapatids and pinsans)
  31. Cave Connection at Sagada
  32. Live for a week or two in a place where no one recognizes me >> Done! It was when I came to UB for the first time in the peak of winter and I don’t know what’s gonna happen to me because from then on am gonna live by myself aaaagh! But later on, I managed to survive. Oye! Credits to my Shepherd :D
  33. Compose a song for Him :)
  34. Treat my parents in a cruise for their 30th Anniversary
  35. A heart-warming hug for Anya
  36. Beyond the limit grocery shopping with kapatids
  37. Drive the largest dump truck in the world
  38. Learn how to make fire with limited resources (Girlscout teh?)
  39. Treat my family in one of the most luxurious resto in the country
  40. Pro-player in frisbee
  41. An ultra-modern kitchen with all the high-end tool and appliances
  42. Country-hopping!
  43. Establish a healthy lifestyle for me and my future family
  44. A refrigerator solely for chocolates!!
  45. Rest house for my parents
  46. Treat Mama Bog and Tita Ida with things they love doing, eating or whatever
  47. Love my Parents-in-law the way I love my Parents whole heartedly
  48. Be the best mom to 3-4 kids (in His way, can’t do this alone)
  49. Be a devoted wife
  50. A growing Christian

Since I'll be doing the last five for life, I will not include them on my count. Okaaay. I've done 5.5 out of 45 as yet. Would that be a hooray for me? Haha. 39.5 more to go! I still have 16 years to complete this list. I can do this. =)

---

Philippians 4:13  (MSG)

Whatever I have, wherever I am,
I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.



Comments

Popular Posts