Scent of Spring

She is a woman who failed to cradle a loved one's heart as if it was a pillow made of glass. The fire was set and her words can't extinguish them. She sobs 'cause deep down in her inner being, it's the only way to keep him; that she has to deny herself to gain life, that she knows they will never be the same again. 

I was once like that woman. I wore my heart on my sleeve, but I am not naive. I have already know what it feels to be completely broken and I am all too familiar what it means to be hurt. I go back and forth between wanting to experience love again and just being single forever. I guess it's the retractable feeling of setback after setback. I am hoping that those tears will never be shed again. I can still feel their scars on my eyelids.

But no matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. As the saying goes, "..for even in this gloomy weather, it can't rain forever." And yeah, I guess my pruning season has ended. Bitter, cold memories and insensitivity have started to melt. Spring has come. I am now preparing myself to receive the overwhelming beauty of grace, forgiveness and love. Spring is knocking at my doorstep; yes, spring has come. And the best is yet to come. 




_______________________________________

 Ezekiel 36:26 NLT
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you.
I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

Comments

Popular Posts