10 Life-Shaping Choices I Made Before Hitting My QLY

QLY. Quarter life year. It's a period in your life where major decisions or changes might happen or is currently happening in your laid-back years. Why so? Probably because you're trapped between a young adult and a full-blown one. It's wanting to be bold to take an important decision but getting scared of change. It's a season of getting sick of comfort but is afraid to take the leap. Some people call it a crisis, as you are on a cross road of existing and living. But as for me, I want to call and declare this year as a year of strength recovery, recalibration of priorities, and restoration.


It's exactly a day before hitting my 25th birthday and I am writing this down to remind me of life-changing choices that made my life extra-ordinarily astounding. Praise and honor to the One who has found me, set me free and gave me a life of abundance and hope. You deserve my highest gratitude. *Two thumbs up for that*


  1. Embrace forgiveness. For the people who abused me and taken me for granted.
  2. Learn to trust again. After all people are not perfect. They fall short. But you have to deal with trust issues and let your Creator handle it and take over your life.
  3. Surrender. Everyday I have to face this test. This is perhaps the most difficult one! I have to die to my self to gain life. But I am learning. I am still learning.
  4. Seek counsel. This life's surely hard, you know that. I can't do it by myself either, I need people who're more mature than me that will give their time and appropriate and godly advises from time to time.
  5. Keep a good circle of friends. They're not just your ordinary colleagues, but those who can give you a sit over a cup of coffee during a major dilemma, who will bring out the best in you, and be accountable to you.
  6. Give. More than the material things, give your time. Give your affection and attention. Nothing beats a kilitian and kulitan with your favorite people, I'm telling you.
  7. Choosing gratitude. Everyday, no matter what situation you're facing, choose to carry a thankful heart. Find something to be thankful for, be it a sunrise, free-taste goodies in a grocery, a warm hug, or a greeting.
  8. Appreciate. We have to remember that every coin has two sides. Try to see the good things in others. Especially if it's your boss. Seriously.
  9. Laugh. As the saying goes, "Nobody will come out of this life alive", you might as well enjoy it. Don't get too hard on yourself. Flash that stunning smile, gorgeous.
  10. Savor the moment. Be it on mouth-watering food or breath-taking view, take delight on whatever's at hand. Get rid of instagramming your life. Enjoy with the fullness of your five senses. There's more than the camera lenses could capture. 

But mind you, the bestest decision I ever made was not in that list. For the list above can be summed up by one major decision: It's accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Sure, there will be life's downturns as there are winter and autumn seasons but walking in the valley of shadow and death feels more exciting especially when you know you're in good hands.

---
Psalm 23:4

Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for You are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.

Comments

Popular Posts