That Ferris Wheel Ride Experience


I can still remember how my knees instantly teetered then weakened the moment I stepped inside the cabin of that humongous ferris wheel, situated at the heart of Manila. In no time the ride started to move slowly. You see you (and if someone else is with you) gotta be in a position wherein the cabin should be somehow "balanced"  or else, it will swing back and forth as its constraints are in y and z-direction (woops here comes my engineer's brain again sorry for that). The limitation of my body movement makes me want to be in tenterhooks all the more. I just wanna finish this ride. Ibalik niyo nalang ang 170Php ko.


Have you ever experienced that? No, I'm not talking about the ferris wheel ride but that kind of fear that paralyzes your entire being. Whether it's a product of riding your most-fave and most-visited carnival ride, experiences in the past, or the future, fear is something that you can't escape - like part of the blueprint that identifies us as humans.




REALLY?





Part of me wants to agree on the statement above however a big portion of me is saying that fear is actually NOT included in a Christian DNA. Yep, that's the truth.



For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)




And it hit me with a BANG.




I got myself so focused on that fear that I forgot my identity. 




That ferris wheel ride taught me few things: First, I have to let go of my hand from the waiting rails and step inside the cab. And what does it mean? Very simple though. You have to get moving. Fear petrifies; but you need to overcome it. You have to take your first step -- and it's paradoxically the hardest. But once you've done it, breakthrough is waiting at the door step beyond doubt.




Don’t be afraid to keep moving on,
For what was before, now has gone,
God wants to accomplish so much more,
But we need to move forward in the Lord.
- M.S. Lowndes, Based on Isaiah 43:18-19



Second, I have to wait. The pace may be slow, just like the ferris wheel ride, but soon enough the view will be worthwhile. Take time to be at ease. Relax, and you'll be reaping your rewards. 


And God has made everything beautiful in His time.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV)



Lastly, embrace your breakthrough. Take delight in seeing the  good view. Savor the moment. Praise God even more. Show Him your admiration, your awe. Why? Because God likes it. God loves it. He loves seeing you enjoying your victory. And it's a sure thing He'll let you experience breakthroughs more and more.. and more. All for His glory and honor. 





"Oh did you like it? How about giving you another one, eh?" - God



It might be a difficult thing to overcome though, but I like how Linda Poindexter summed up my whole ferris wheel life ride: Treat life like a ferris wheel ride, You must get past the fear to enjoy the view.


---



Psalm 9:10 (NIV)
Those who know Your Name trust in You,
For You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You.


Comments

Popular Posts