Last Chapter Episode 2: Dance with God




And He will let the right man cut in.



That powerful yet astounding saying by an unidentified writer once again dazzled me as I was sitting one morning on my favorite cafe after our Bible Counseling class. Almost two weeks has passed and my heart is still overwhelmed by the fact that roughly after a year from now, I would no longer be carrying my name alone. It is true that everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone, to love, and be loved exclusively and without reservation. But not until we are fulfilled, quenched, satisfied by God alone, and discovering that only in Him is our satisfaction to be found, only then will we are capable of the ideal human relationship that He has planned for us. Amazing how God showed His loving side over again and this time it's immensely beyond anticipation.


Just allow me to tell you my story.





It was April 19, 2014.



Wind chills didn't bother us as we walked uphill to Zaisan Monument for a perfect UB (Ulaanbaatar) capture. Almost three months of not seeing each other is but a painful torment hence Ry and his mightily awesome camera once again paid me a visit. It was his second time at this part of the city, but his first time at this hill. The first time we got here was when we headed to Sky Resort, few kilometers from Zaisan for some skiing adventure. Anyhow. We started our pseudo-hiking trip and managed to get almost-perfect photos, less the cold.

It was Black Saturday anyways, the second day of Christ's death before Easter. How blessed I am to know that the the most important Being fell and died on the cross on my behalf; and yet another important person fell on his knees to ask my utmost yes. 

I really can't remember the exact exchange of words, what I recall is when he was asking me if I could measure my love for him. Excuse my heedlessness.

Non-verbatim Convo:

Him: How much do you love me? 
Her: *faint laugh* It's a hard thing to measure, you know. I love you but I honestly can't think of any way to measure it. 
Him: I love you. Do you want a proof? 
I just then saw him kneeling in front of me, he took out the ring from nowhere (I couldn't recall when and how he took it from his pocket or was it in his pocket at all or not) and said, 
"I love you, Jefrinces Nalda Nadala, the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Will you marry me and be my wife?" 

No awww-I'm-so-touched-I'm-gonna-cry thingy happened. Just plain jolt and pure shock. The scene was too fast-paced my brain couldn't contain it. It's the same feeling of wanting to know your final exam score in your almost-failing Major Engineering subject but your knees are getting weaker every step you make to the professor's table. It's more or less like that. In a fleeting moment I realized I haven't answered his question at all and saw him patiently kneeling waiting for my response. 

Her: What should I say? What should I say? 
Him: Say yes? 
Her: YES!

I could still feel the chills.. not because of cold but the overwhelming presence of mercy and love. It was Black Saturday, and I thank Jesus for redeeming me from the pit of death; knowing that I will spend forever with Him is but a pure bliss. Also, I thank Him for giving me the man whom I will follow for the rest of my life.

It is not your one-of-a-kind proposal story, like those you've seen in the movies; nope, it's not even half of your must-watch chic flicks, nor the trending proposal over your favorite social media sites. But it's the best love story ever written, for it involved not just two being, but three. Just keep looking up to Him or you'll miss what He want to show you. And then, when you're ready, He will surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could ever dream of. More than you, He wants you to have the most wonderful love, He wants you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Him.

And you know what? God is already working in you. Just remember the cliche: Dance with God, and He will let the right man cut in.


Comments

Popular Posts