Feeling Posh With Bagsh aa's Ombre Nails

So I am already in the middle term of my Mongolian language and culture study and I must say that I enjoy every bit of it even though I sometimes do not have the diligence to wake up in the morning. We once started with a class of three, having two classmates from two different country.


My Classmates and Bagsh aa (Teacher)
L-R: Shawn. Ben. Oyuna Bagsh (Teacher Oyuna), Amily, Jep


Learning the Basics

Locals usually called us gadad hung, which means foreigners. And it was very hard for me personally to break into their culture because of language differences. Our reasons may be different from each other why we study the language, but we want to achieve the same goal: to be able to understand and speak the language in this place. Most of their words use throat sounds which is very uncommon to me, especially that I came from a country where we're more of nasal than throat sounds. Just to give you an idea, Mongolian language ranks second among the languages in terms of level of difficulty according to http://www.baylanguages.com/language-scale, where Cantonese, Mandarin and  Japanese are labeled as the most difficult one. 


The Mongolian Alphabet

I like how the school present the language study in a manner where students do not get pressured and pushed to their limits. Of course I know we have to do our part, but it's just that the ambiance is not so lecture-type-serious-and-boring class. If anyone would be visiting Mongolia and want to learn the language, this language school is highly recommended. They also offer student visa if you plan to stay for quite a long time.


When we practice our Mongolian Skill in a Shop

Anyhoo. Today Oyuka Bagsh (Teacher Oyuka) had made quarter of my class hour into something modish. Who would have thought that you and your teacher can have nail sesh during class?


Oyuka Bagsh
She was even the one who brought the nail polish








Tadah!
The color matches perfectly with my shirt and the curls





Comments

Popular Posts