Last Chapter Episode 5: My First Faith Story


Hello jello. I do not know the world well enough because I am living for only 28 days (as of April 1). My small eyes can hardly see what my mom used to brag with me while I was still in her tummy -- the world. I can only see shadows and other things of merely blacks and whites. But my ears are now sharp enough to distinguish my mom and dad’s voice from others. I can also hear other sounds aside from the people who used to visit me: the chirping of the birds, coo-coo of chickens every morning, hustle and bustle of jeepneys, television, and Ate Chloe’s lightsaber toy whom she accidentally or intentionally hit whenever she come to our house to pay for a visit and check on me. You see, I am but a tiny creature in the world of grandeur, entanglement and sophistication. But I want to share with you how this tiny creature proved that the One who created the vast universe actually loves me and is mindful of me. My name is Yechezqel, people know me as Kahel; and this is my first faith story.

This is me :)

I remember when mom used to say that I will be a good boy when I grow up; she was talking to me when I was still in her tummy. I can also remember when she and dad used to talk to me to see the world on my 40 weeks, because they do not have enough money yet to pay for the hospital bills. Sometimes I can feel mom’s worry, but she and dad kept on saying that God will provide and will meet our needs. God must be powerful so so much that mom and dad trust Him to provide. Me, being too excited to show my parents how loud I am when I cry, went out and saw the world for the first time exactly on my 39 weeks, a week earlier than their expectation.

Me on my 22nd day

Mom felt the contraction dawn of Thursday, March 3. She can still tolerate the pain though, and even managed to cook for breakfast. They missed their Thursday class and went to the hospital for a checkup with only 6000 pesos on their hands. The doctor announced mom was in her 1 cm so they decided not to get admitted that time. Mom and dad waited at the mall instead of going home because of the traffic. At 11 PM, mom could not take the pain anymore. She was having 5-min interval contraction that time so they went straight to the hospital and got admitted at 1 AM, and 4 cm cervix opening. The labor went for about 11 hours and on 10:22 AM of March 4, a healthy baby boy of 3.175 kgs, 50 cm, came out. It was the first time they heard me cry, the first time dad leaped in joy silently when he heard me crying, the first time I was held by mom in her arms. Welcome me.




This time one of my Titos and Titas gave my parents a generous amount (as in huuuuge amount) to pay for the hospital bills. I think it was God’s hand who touched their hearts and moved to do such an incredible act. When I get older I will personally thank God and Tito Kiko and Tita Anne and write them a thank you card. Mama should teach me how to. Anyhow, relatives and love ones were excited to see me and paid a visit only to find out that I cant be with mom and dad yet because of my successions of vomiting. I had to stay at the ICU for 2 days under observation.

Every 2-3 hours since I was born, mom had to go
 to the ICU to see me and breastfed me.
For two days, my "fans" had to stay by the
window to see me.
 

My name Yechezqel is a Hebrew variation of Ezekiel, which means "God will strengthen". 



And that’s what mom and dad claimed when I was diagnosed with physiological jaundice, prolonging again our stay at the hospital for 3 more days.

Sun bathing like a boss

It was too cold at the hospital at night!
I cried and cried a lot, mom and dad
had their wakeful nights started.

All the more they put their hope in God, though I heard Mom cry a couple of times at the hospital. 48 hours of sun bathing occurred, two times my blood was extracted to check my bilirubin, and a lot more sleepless nights took place for mom and dad. My grand parents, Titos, Titas and cousins didn't give up on visiting me while I was at the hospital. Their voices seemed to be the constant hullabaloo and encouragement for my parents. 


Finally after 6 days I was able to see the world outside the white walls of the hospital. I am thankful for letting me experience God as early as I know. I hope that this story will inspire and encourage you to continue in this world. I may still be very young to say, but this first encounter with God is something that I would want to remember as long as I live. Because as for me, my only hope is in God. Someday, I want to know more about mom and dad’s God. Will you journey with me? :)

Thank you for reading my first faith story! -Kahel

Comments

Popular Posts