The Heart-Shaped Letter


It's about time to fly back to Mongolia so I bid a temporary good bye to Ry. And just before I walked in the departure lounge he handed me a piece of red paper, folded in a heart-shaped manner and said,


As agreed. Asan na yung sa'yo? Too painful to write one?


Sigh. Was too guilty for that. We cut a deal last night that we have to write each other a letter on the day I depart to Mongolia, but I was not able to make one. Icky, silly me. Was too busy to pack things and say good bye to new people I met a couple of days ago, and of course the long-established friends. Anyhow, he assured me that it was alright and that it was no big deal for him, plus a kiss on the forehead. Acquitted, indeed. 

I was already inside the plane and was cozily seated when I was unfolding each crease of that letter delicately. Though this is not the first time that he write a love letter to me, it was the first time that I received a letter from him personally. Beyond doubt, it blew me away.



Sa aking iniirog na Jepjep, 
There was a time in my life that I have given up finding the right girl for me. Sabi ko kay Lord, "Kahit sino na lang basta turuan mo lang ako na mahalin siya". And years have went by still waiting for the girl I will love. Been to different dates, different rejections, but still had been patient to Him until I reached my point. I can't wait any longer; six years is more than enough to wait, I kept on complaining to Him. I decided to try to do it on my own, I took matters in my own hands. I tried to be lousy at work so once I get fired I will head back home and pick any girl at church that's worth marrying and so forth.. you already know the details. 
To cut the story short, I found you but not in a love-at-first-sight-slow-mo-stars-everywhere encounter. But I must say it's a one of a kind encounter. I have learned my lesson and thanked God for orchestrating our everything. Little did I know He is working behind the scene - behind my complains and murmurs, He is already transforming us, preparing us for the right time where we will enjoy each other's company. I thank God everyday for having you as my best friend, sister in Christ and a girl friend. I am looking forward to that day when I will finally call you as my wife, and me as your husband. Don't ever change  for the worse, change for Him alone. I will wait for you, please wait for me too.  
 
Iniirog mong BF, 
Ryan

Comments

Popular Posts