What People Say After Knowing I'm From UP

There are few things that come to my mind whenever I heard UP:


Sunken Garden. Eng'g Steps. Eng'g Lib II. Teletubby Land. Pancit Canton Chillimansi. NEC 409. Freshie Walk. Carillon Tower. Duckpin. Taho. Film Institute. Isaw. Failed Jogging. Ipil. Frisbee. Ate Marj's Aristocart.


This jungle of foxy, intense interaction of brain cells that envelops the entire campus has taught me a lot of things. And believe me, only 40% of it are Acads stuffs. In fact, it's in this place that I came to know my Savior (not to mention  my ex-love). It's in this place I experienced His amazing, indescribable moves and faithfulness. No doubt that this will bear a special place in my heart. 

After n years of working in the country and overseas, I could still remember the things people say after knowing I graduated from this university. Funny though, some of it made me laugh so bad that I can even recall who said those lines.


  1. "Kaya pala eh."
  2. "So nagwe-welga welga ka rin?"
  3. "Edi nakapanood ka na ng Oblation Run?"
  4. (Nung sinabi kong hindi pa) "Ows? taga UP ka ba talaga?"
  5. "'Di ba may mga artistang nagja-jog dun? Nakakita ka na?" 
  6. "Hindi ka rin naliligo noh?"
  7. "Bakit pumapasok kayong naka-tsinelas, pero wala namang space ang parking lots niyo sa dami ng sasakyan"
  8. "Ikaw na iskolar ng bayan!" (with matching hampas)
  9. "Nakita mo na si Zorro?"
  10. "Eh si Shamcey Supsup?"
  11. "Totoo ba yung misteryo sa lagoon?" >>'di ko nga alam 'to e.
  12. "Halika dito i-edit mo nga tong report ko"

Comments

Popular Posts