366th day of the year: Taking a bow



Bet everyone's waiting for this exceptional day. Maybe at this point in time someone's already got his much-awaited "yes" from the girl he adore; or, celebrating his/her intercalary-year birthday (how'dey celebrate it during normal years anyway?); or if it's not their birthday perhaps their anniversary, eh? I know someone's celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary and I must say you deserve my clap Ma'am and Sir.

Anyhoo. I want to make this day memorable for myself too. Four years ago, I spend it with the most special person in my life. I even kept a promise that time that I will make my next February twenty nine peculiar, still with this special person. 


Guess what?



February 29 is still February twenty nine. And the promise I made four years ago is but a bygone troth. Added to my suppose-to-be-extra-special-febtwenynayn, I found this journal I made solely for my wedding day! hoho. Nang-aasar lang talaga.  I have this mini-black notebook where I wrote all ideas, details and inklings about that much awaited event. It has sketches of my wedding gown, the theme, names of the people who're gonna be sharing with us, couple of songs, plans after the day, and this vow. And yeah, I made this vow in the middle of our aloofness moment, those uncertainty stage. Haha. Pathetic me. Pathetic me.


This made me laugh though, somehow I still spend this day with memories of that special someone. Funny I don't miss him. I miss the love and those happy moments we once shared. This has been my life's best-loved chapter, yet. And also my favorite.  But before I begin another chapter and end this blog I want to share this vow I was talking about. To my future groom, promise mas maganda yung maririnig mo sa itinakdang araw hehe!







May nakapagsabi na sa’kin noon, na kapag may makita daw ako na MAS pa sa’yo, pumikit daw ako.

BUTI NA LANG ‘DI KO GINAWA.

Dahil baka magkaroon ng bias ang mas naunang kasabihan na, “Love is Blind” na siyang ikatisod at ikahulog ko sa iba. At kung ganun nga ang mangyari, hindi siguro makikita ng mga mata ko ang lahat ng mga bagay na ibinubulong ng aking puso. 
  Sobra-sobra ang pagpapasalamat ko kay Lord dahil pinagtagpo Niya tayo. Paano, saging lang naman ang hiningi ko, pero ang binigay Niya, banana split. Sinaing lang ang niluto ko, hinainan Niya ko ng Paella. Higit sa lahat, piso lang ang ipinusta ko, pero sinuklian Niya ko ng isang libo.
  Ano man ang mangyari, maging pustiso man yung pina-brace kong ipin, Magka-rayuma ka man dahil ako bata palang meron na, dumami man yung mga baby fats natin sa katawan, sabay nating haharapin ang mga pagsubok, problema at tagumpay na magkahawak-kamay, at puno ng pag-asa.


Mahal na mahal kita, tulungan mo ko sa paglalaba, ha? 








I was suddenly reminded of Madonna's song Take a bow, and Sitti's rendition is a must-hear, swear. 

So this time,

Our night is over. Please take a bow, vow .





Comments

  1. aw jep! ang galing nitong blog mo...lalo na ung vow! i bet, mas maganda pa jan ang macompose mo para sa talagang true love mo! i miss you jepay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woa salamat ron ngayon ko lang nabasa! haha! :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts