See you soon Mark Louie E. Cabangon

April 12, 2011 at 7:30PM in Amang Rodriguez Hospital. This would be my most unforgettable 2011 experience so far. 

I was happy that afternoon kasi the pm session of our two-day training ended early so it would be a good opportunity to be at home (in marikina) before leaving Manila early the next day (yes, I was just having an official business in Manila to attend this QMS Training, tapos balik agad sa site in Masbate to work) . Sabi ko pa naman sa sarili ko noon na "ayy 'di na ko dadaan kay louie, enough na yung nangyari nung Sunday. After all, magigising pa naman siya, tapos itutuloy na namin yung naudlot na pagkakape pagbalik ko (my next vacay will be in May)"

Konting flashback. Really, that Sunday was a blast. 1pm when I arrived in Manila. Nag check-in lang sa hotel then nagpahatid sa bahay. Nagpakita lang din ako kila mama, sabi ko babalik din ako ng hotel dahil maaga yung training kinabukasan. Before heading off to Makati, I intently go to Amang to see Louie. He's not looking good at that room, ang salimuot lang. Ayoko ng may apparatus siya, pero biro ko sa kanya, "tsong, kahit naka-diaper ka, ampogi mo pa rin. gising ka na. Louie Cabangon nga e hindi Louie Ca-higa."


Going back, I was already home when Roemer texted me:

kailan ang alis mo? Dadaan ka pa ba dito? Yung family ni Louie nagiiyakan na sila.. wala kaming matinong makausap dito.. di namin alam ang totoong lagay.


My heart jumped. I told my family about Louie's case. They don't even know that I have a friend named Louie. The only names that I mentioned naman kasi sa bahay are ace and cesar.  I am not that open to my family when it comes to my personal life, not until then.

Nagpaalam na ako na dadaan ako sa Amang to see Louie's condition.
I bought some food for the family. Nagmamadali ako. I kept on praying "Lord, help." 

Pagdating ko dun, ganun pa rin yung situation. Di pa rin nila alam yung totoong lagay. Roemer, Martin and Brian were there. It was the first time I saw Brian and Martin again after 3 years or so. But that moment it was like we were siblings, aiming for one thing: to see Louie smile again and crack out of this world, sobrang korning jokes.

e/n: My heart aches right now, literally. heart burn ata ito.

'Di ko natiis.. lumapit talaga ako sa room. What I saw was his nanay  crying so hard that she fell off her seat, someone's hugging louie already, don't know who she was, the apparatus he's wearing was gone, and a paper was taped on his chest. Everyone was crying.. Tears are involuntarily rolling down in my cheeks, di ko talaga napigilan. Ayun na. confirmed na. wala na si Louie... 

Nung nilabas siya, I saw what was written on the paper:

Cabangon, Mark Louie E.
7:30 PM






A good friend has gone. And yes, I will see him soon. 




"Wake up, Engineer Louie! ♥ Sabi mo ililibre mo ko pag uwi ko sa Pinas. Maglilibrehan pa tayo. Bangon, Cabangon! Please! Fight pa." - Noriel Bargo


mas mataas man sa peak 2 ang lalakbayin mo ngayon, kaya mo yan. salamat sa lahat. -Elvin Dulce


photo by Ronel Sejane


wake up na dearie, kung hindi ipopost ko na dito yung mga scandal mo.. :) -Jeline Nepomuceno


in Memory of Mark Louie E. Cabangon
June 11, 1988- April 12, 2011

He who has gone, so we bu cherish his memory,
abides with us,  more potent, nay, more present than the living man.

In behalf of Esplana-Cabangon family and FPMTC Management, 
we thank you for the love and kindness you have shared during 
Louie's illness and his sudden death.

Your many messages  of support, Your expressions of sympathy have brought us all
great comfort in this time of grief.

You will be deeply missed by everyone.



Comments

Popular Posts